Saturday, September 02, 2006

Good day to stay in....

Lest u think that the whole experience is sunshine and strawberries, i was watching the news last night.

They were busy doing their level best to through a bunch of slurred Spanish "fastballs" past me, but I distinctly heard them say that a storm was coming to Montevideo and that winds over 100 km/h could be had....I swear I heard 150, but I think he was talking about elsewhere and that MV might see 100 km/h.

Anyways, what i couldn't catch was *when* exactly other than it was coming.

Well, I dropped the storm shades on the house last night and slept through everything, but the wind is still howling tonight at 1800....not sure if this is the front end, tail end, or middle :) anyways, some online site says that the wind is a "mere" 60 km/h. Not sure if that is accurate for the whole city, those are sustained or gusting speeds.

Oh well, suffice it to say the winds I've heard about are making a brief appearance.....nothing really more than a stormy day -- one similar to one you'd see in Seattle on a stormy Feb afternoon though....except that it's after 6 on a stormy day and not too dark yet.

My highspeed internet has been set up in the house.
We found a Japanese lady that delivers tofu to the house.
Every grocery store delivers here -- including one where u can shop online (remember homegrocer.com??? ) :)

Pretty convenient for those without a car!

Golden Lotus is graciously making us some more vegetable soup as we ride out the storm

Hasta,
fB

No comments: